My friend, Ani, wrote 25 random things about herself and sent it out with these rules: You must write 25 random things about yourself, then tag 25 about whom you would like to know more and send it back to the person who started it- that would be me.
1. I used to build US Embassies for a living.
2. I went on safari in Tanzania in 2002.
3. I smuggled 10 large duffle bags of electronics into Bulgaria with two of my friends. (Bulgarian custom agents are lax…but scary!)
4. I got detained in the Indianapolis airport for insinuating to the ticket agent that I was holding a suspicious package.
5. The last day of school, freshman year of college, I was arrested and spent the night in jail.
6. I had an older brother who passed away when I was 3, and remember him very, very well.
7. I seem to have retained a lot of memories from my toddler days. 1977 was an interesting year.
8. I have enough airline miles to fly anywhere in North or South America. (I’m holding out for first class).
9. I was the general contractor for my first home.
10. I love to play tennis, and am amazingly average. I love to throw frisbee, and playing ultimate, and think I’m pretty good.
11. I want to grow my hair out again to 90’s grunge-style length. But everytime I start, I can’t get past month #2 of the 6-9 month process.
12. I’m partially deaf in my left ear.
13. I was nearly engaged to a woman with three kids. (they were great!)
14. I want kids of my own. (God speed).
15. I’m the middle of my parents’ five boys.
16. I love the west coast lifestyle, but the carolinas will always be home.
17. I sailed boats as a teenager.
18. I’ve always wanted to be a surfer, but too embarrassed to learn.
19. I love R&B smooth jams. In high school I would stay up late doing homework listening to radio shows like “The Quiet Storm” and “Pillow Talk” on the local R&B stations.
20. I had my first kiss when I was 13 at a church lock-in.
21. I have a moderate fear of heights.
22. As a toddler, I would put myself to sleep. I think it was a defense mechanism from being in a competitive household, plus the middle-child thing.
23. Took karate as a kid, trained under Chuck Norris’ first student. made it to green belt.
24. I had my first real job at the age of 13. I was an usher at the local movie theater. I would wear my dad’s ties, which made me look ridiculously tiny.
25. I think these lists are fun, but I really want you to like me for the billion other things not on this list…or, just because.